– COVID 19 UPDATE –
We’re here to help!!
The industry is experiencing unprecedented demand for flowers while at the same time significant supply chain issues. This means many flower varieties are unavailable or are more expensive than usual. We appreciate your understanding and are always available to discuss options and what’s possible.
Due to flower supply challenges, it may be necessary to substitute some or all the flowers in your order.
Many common varieties (such as roses and orchids) are hard to come by. If so, we will use the freshest ingredients to match your style and colour palette.
Flower prices have increased 50-60% as a result of COVID-19.
Well it’s a magical confluence of five things:
1. Limited imports. Our flower industry relies heavily on imported products. Due to COVID-19, they’re not flooding in like they used to.
2. Increased transport costs. Remember, Australia is a really long way from everywhere. And with limited international flights happening, the cost of putting flowers on planes has increased.
3. Post bushfire fun times. Remember how just a few months ago this country was on fire? A lot of our favourite growers were severely impacted by that experience meaning domestic supply is impacted.
4. Cold weather. The weather seemed to just change. Overnight. That cold snap that started right around Mother’s Day, it does impact the volume of product that growers can supply.
5. Increased demand. With social distancing requirements, more people are sending flowers in lieu of visiting their loved ones in person.
We are offering safe, contactless delivery.
If you have any questions in regards to weddings and Covid-19 please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Meg and Pete x
Image by – Ben Howland Photography